Joint ventures developed using familiar best practices can fail without a solid structure and a cross-process discipline for strategy, planning, operations, and implementation. Joint ventures that frequently struggle to sustain the continuity of vision as they develop and execute joint ventures.
- Balanced unique value added from shareholders to JV
- Business dependence between JV and shareholders
- Balanced returns from JV to shareholders
- Good mechanisms to manage support and involvement
- Balanced leverage between shareholders to ensure JV remains on the right path