Today, businesses have a host of marketing options at their disposal, making mass marketing far too crude. With its low cost, email marketing is the most cost-effective advertising method available today. Better yet, email marketing beats other targeted advertising and mass-media forms of advertising from a measurability standpoint.
Try these techniques to generate enough interest in the first paragraph of a sales letter, promotional email, or targeted direct mail to convince readers to move to paragraph two. Or use these as headlines.
- Begin with your number one promotion: “You’ll quickly learn how to …”
- Employ a <2 user-testimonial: “I used this program for only two weeks and learned how to …”
- Pose a teaser that readers must answer the way you want them to: “Are you …” “Have you …” “Do you …”
- Establish curiosity with a news-type opening: “Announcing …” or “Finally, a new simple way to …”
- Make it sound exclusive: “You’re one of the very first people to receive this offer.”
- Pat readers on the back: “We picked you to receive this special offer because of you’re…”
- Initiate interest with creative story-telling: “You’re wasting your time!” the CEO bellowed. “It just won’t work!”
- Persuade to use their imagination: “Imagine how you’ll feel once you’ve wrapped your fingers around …”
- Make them curious: “270,000 people want to hear this preposition.”
- Assume something: “I’ve reserved in your name a …”